Essential Oil Disclaimer:
Personnel at The Oil Shoppe do not claim to be medical practitioners. We do not diagnose, treat or prescribe any medical treatment or advice. You should always discuss treatment of medical conditions with your medical practitioner before using any alternative therapies, natural supplements, or vitamins. The following safety precautions are guidelines only. You should consult with any aromatherapist about essential oil usage and always inform your primary care physician what you are using as they may not be conducive with his/her prescribed therapy and medications.
1. Keep Essential Oils in a secure place away from children and pets.
2. Use a variety of essential oils and rotate those which you use often to avoid sensitization and irritation. If you use a blend for 3 days, take a minimum of 3 days off and use an alternate blend those 3 days.
3. The following essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy: Single Oils: Basil, birch, calamus, cassia, cinnamon bark, hyssop, Idaho tansy, jasmine, lavandin, mugwort, rosemary, sage, tarragon, thyme, wintergreen. Synergistic Blends: Female Blend, M-Balance Blend Use the following with caution: Single Oils: Angelica, cedarwood, chamomile (German/blue), cistus, citronella, clary sage, clove bud, cumin (Black), cypress, davana, fennel, bay laurel, marjoram, mountain savory, myrrh, nutmeg, peppermint, rose, spearmint, vetiver, yarrow . Synergistic Blends: Clarity Blend, Muscle Relaxing Blend, Four Bandits. Other Products: Ahhh!, Arnica Massage Oil.
4. Read and follow instructions carefully.
5. Always take precautions with using Aromatherapy.
6. Unless otherwise stated, never use essential oils on your skin without diluting the essential oil with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use. If you experience any soreness, redness or irritation do not use the blend.
7. If an essential oil or essential oil blend gets into your eye, flush the eye immediately with a carrier oil or cold milk. Seek medical attention if the stinging and/or irritation continues.
8. Do not use more than 2 drops of the following essential oils when used in a bath the first time: Aniseed, Black pepper, Camphor (rectified), Citronella, Clove, Eucalyptus globulus, Ginger, Juniperberry, Peppermint, Sage, Spearmint, Thyme.
9. If allergic to certain foods, do not use essential oils or carrier oils that come from those foods.
10. The following essentials oils should never be used on the skin: Alan Root (Inula helenium) Almond bitter, expressed Birch sweet, Birch tar, Boldo leaf, Cade, Camphor (brown, yellow, unrectified), Colophon, Costos Root, Fig Leaf abs, Horseradish Mustard (volatile), Opoponax , Peru balsam , Rue abs , Sassafras, Tolu, Turpentine unrectified, Verbena (from citriodora).
11. Essential oils do not necessarily have the same healing properties of the plant it comes from. Herbal products sometimes contain different chemical components than the essential oil derived from the same plant. Therapeutic results are generally experienced when using an herbal productfrom that of a blended essential oil, however it is not guaranteed. Beware of sites that tell you otherwise.
12. The following essential oils should be avoided if you have epilepsy: Cajeput, Camphor, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Peppermint, Rosemary
All information, content and product descriptions contained within this site are for reference purposes and are not intended to substitute advice given by a pharmacist, physician or other licensed health-care professional. We do not advise you use the information contained within this website, or any other site for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis, without talking to your doctor. Actual product packaging and materials may contain different information than shown on this website. Contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding our products have not been evaluated by the FDA.
To see a fantastic Dilution Chart for each single essential oil, go to http://www.easy-essential-oils.com/dilution-chart.html and find the best way to use each oil safely.