Tansy oil, Blue (WC), essential oil Morocco is a deep dark blue due to the chamazulene content. This oil is also known as Moroccan Chamomile essential oil. The aroma is sweet-fruity and wine like. It is very highly recommended for its topical analgesic therapeutic effects, anti-histamine properties and unique earthy floral notes. This oil is Wild Crafted.
Name: Tansy oil, Blue (WC), Morocco
Species: Tanacetum annum
Part: Flowering Tops
Method: Steam Distillation
Dilution Ratio: NEAT
This Blue Tansy essential oil is steam distilled using wild-harvested Moroccan blue tansy flowers. It has a deep blue color due to its azulene content. Not to be confused with Tansy oil, Blue Tansy Oil is non-toxic, and has many similar properties to German 'Blue' Chamomile oil.
For centuries, Blue Tansy has been used to relieve symptoms from an array of histamine-mediated allergic reactions.The active ingredient, azulene may also quite useful for asthma when blended with Ravensara.
It blends well with Lemongrass, Rosemary, Helichrysum, Cypress, Pine and Chamomile oils.
Therapeutic Effects: Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Antihistamine, Sedative
Dermatological: Reduces swelling and itching associated with allergies.
* Eases nervous tension and stress
Dermatological: Soothes and heals burns
* Treats sunburns and bruises
* When blended with Helichrysum, Blue Tansy can promote tissue regeneration
Respiratory System: Calms asthma and emphysema
Application and Use:
Inhalation: For respiratory support, it is most effectively used when inhaled using a diffuser or a couple of drops on a handkerchief.
* To receive the bronchio-dilating effects of Blue Tansy, try blending it with Lemongrass in a nebulizing diffuser.
Topical: Blue Tansy oil can be massaged into sore muscles or applied to damaged skin.
* An excellent blend for heat or sun burned damaged skin is as follows: 10ml of Sesame oil with 10 drops Helichrysum essential oil and 6 drops of Blue Tansy oil. Blue Tansy is most efficacious when used in concentrations of 5% or less.
* Besides its medicinal benefits, Blue Tansy can be added into essential oil blends to add a vividly blue coloration without disrupting the aroma or therapeutic effects.
Safety: Unlike Tansy oil, Blue Tansy Oil is non-toxic and a non-irritant when used in balanced doses and blends. The blue color will stain, so use caution in the application process.